Project Topic Research: Celtic Creatures

Banshee wailing. Source: Irish Times

    For my Topic Research, I decided to do it over Celtic Creatures. This topic drew me in because of all the different creatures that are within the Celtic myth/folklore. I mainly choose this topic to focus on the banshee, which is a Celtic Creature, that is known as the wailing woman. Even though that is the main focus I plan to incorporate other Celtic Creatures into the storybook.

Possible Stories:
  • The Banshee by Elliot O'Donnell 
    • This story goes over the banshee definition and origin along with different stories of the banshee. This will be helpful to understand the banshee but also some of the stories might be useful.
  • How Thomas Connelly Met the Banshee by J. Todhunter
    • The banshee is the key feature for this one too. This story might help me figure out how to introduce the banshee in my storybook
  • Fairy Legends and Traditions by Thomas Crofton Croker.
    • I chose this because there are many stories of Celtic Creatures within it including two about the banshee. I mainly want to use it for the Celtic Creature, the changeling, as to add others to my storybook.

Comments

Popular Posts