Week 2: Reading Overview


Schedule
Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4: Ovid's Metamorphoses

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Turkish

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Congo

Week 9: China

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Cherokee

Week 11: Alaska

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Alice in Wonderland 

Week 13: Canterbury Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Hunt

Week 15: Inferno

Interests

When starting to go through the different units and reading the first story I was quickly learning what I did and did not find interesting. There were many topics that instantly pulled me in and made me want to read all the way through them. For this semester and I most excited about the Native American unit and the European unit. I remember growing up and hearing a few Cherokee stories and really wanted to explore them more on my own. 
Photo of Wilhelm Grimm and Jacob Grimm 
was taken in 1847. Source: Wikipedia

I chose this picture because in Week 14 I choose Hunt which has to do with the Brothers Grimm. Growing up I use to watch the movie Brothers  Grimm all the time and it was my favorite movie. I still watch it now and still love the stories to it. 

Comments

Popular Posts