Time Strategies

 

Planner with coffee on it. Source: post from Estée Janssens on Unsplash

When looking back I have had trouble with time management skills. A lot of the time I can be a procrastinator and wait until the last second to get things done... this seems to be what works for me. I think why I keep doing it is because I tend to work well under the pressure of having to get it done. When I have too much time on my hands is when the distraction comes into play and procrastination happens. The only time when this does not happen is when working in a group, I make sure to do everything at the earliest time possible. This is what is the strategy for this semester so that I can stay ahead on this class and not fall behind. 

The first article that I read was "Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination" by Peter Banerjea. The four questions that he talks about help me to see why I procrastinate and potentially how to stop. When seeing everything on my to-do list is very overwhelming and makes me feel like I have to do it all at once. If just for a few minutes I stopped took a breath and only choose two things to do out of it then that might help me. I just need to remember that I do not have to do it all in one day. The next article chosen was "How to build a realistic study plan that you'll actually stick to" by Amanda Collins. This article was helpful in that it showed me that my old study plans or to-do schedule were very unrealistic. They were too packed full of things to do and left no time for breaks to eat or to just rest for a second as to not get burnt out. I think my biggest challenge will be trying to stick to a schedule that I create. 

Comments

Popular Posts