Thoughts on Growth Mindset

 

A brain that has roots to look like a tree. Source: A Conscious Rethink

When starting this assignment I had no idea who Carol Dweck was so I was interested in getting to watch the three videos of hers. I knew what a growth mindset was from a psychology course I took my freshman year of college. When just seeing the title growth mindset I wondered if they would also talk about fixed mindset in the videos too. I was happy to see she did since they kind of go hand and hand. When looking at myself I see myself as having a mixture of both growth and a fixed mindset. I always try to make sure I know that I can do anything if I try hard enough but it does not always work. When I have a setback for a little bit I will just feel like that is it and I can not do it anymore. So I tend to switch back and forth between them depending on my mood or attitude in that day and time. 

One of my personal learning goals has to do with my social work practicum. I want to work more hands-on with clients and learn to use what I was taught in the classroom. Because of COVID, I have not got to work with the little kiddos at my practicum setting since schools have been online.  Also, I am really excited about this class since it is unlike any class I have ever been in. 

Comments

Popular Posts